Insurance Contract Wording & Drafting
T:0203 436 2350
Keoghs’ market-leading (re)insurance contract wording and drafting team deals with the full range of work in this area, from revisions and updates to specific clauses; to drafting wordings from scratch; to undertaking wholesale reviews of (re)insurers’ product lines.
We are regularly instructed to work with underwriters on innovation and product development; with in-house counsel on compliance issues and with wordings professionals on drafting assignments.
Examples of our recent work in this area include:
- Drafting LMA9138 and LMA9140 clauses to address Notices of Assignment in construction, property and terrorism insurance and reinsurance; and publicising the new clauses in the London Market.
- Reviewing Facultative Reinsurance Certificates for the LMA Terrorism Panel and producing guidance on their use in reinsurance placements
- Drafting GDPR clauses and privacy notices; advising on GDPR compliance
- Undertaking a time-critical review project involving 150 insurance contracts for compliance with the Insurance Act 2015
- Reinsurance reviews and ‘gap analysis’ exercises for insurers
- Drafting cyber insurance wordings; drafting cyber exclusions; advising on compliance with PRA SS- ; undertaking cyber ‘gap analysis’ exercises
- Drafting wordings from scratch across a range of lines of business
- Drafting non-damage business interruption insurance clauses
The team is proud to have been asked by the Lloyd’s Market Association Academy to put together and deliver its Insurance Contact Wordings Foundation Course, which has run since inception every 6 months for insurance professionals from Lloyd’s Managing Agencies.
For more information please contact: