T:0203 436 2350
Our reinsurance team has many decades of experience in dealing with all aspects of reinsurance law on behalf of Lloyd’s syndicates, the London companies’ market and international reinsurers, including in relation to run-off business.
The team’s expertise includes:
- Facultative and treaty reinsurance - including quota share, surplus and excess of loss reinsurance contracts
- Line slips and binding authorities
- MGAs and MGUs
- Bermuda form
- Captives and fronting arrangements
- Follow settlements, claims control and claims management clauses
- Leading underwriter clauses and subscription agreement
- Inspections of records and audits
- Duties of brokers and managing underwriting agents
The firm’s reinsurance work includes:
- drafting and reviewing policy wordings;
- advising on coverage;
- conducting claims audits; and
- representing clients in litigation, arbitration and mediation.
Reinsurance matters commonly involve an international element and the firm’s reinsurance specialists regularly work on losses in conjunction with lawyers in other jurisdictions around the world in a monitoring, co-ordinating and/or co-counsel role.