Director of Market & Public Affairs
Road safety inquiry launched by Transport Select Committee
News And Events11/03/2019
The Transport Select Committee has today launched an inquiry into road safety, scrutinising the Government’s approach and looking at which changes would be most effective at reducing the number and severity of road traffic accidents.
You can see the inquiry on the committee’s website here.
As part of the inquiry, the committee are looking for evidence on the following questions:
- How effective is the Government’s current approach to road safety?
- Are there any areas where the Government’s current approach to road safety could be improved?
- What interventions would be most effective at reducing the number and severity of road traffic accidents?
- What evidence is there on the effectiveness of these interventions?
- How can interventions to reduce the number and severity of road traffic accidents best be implemented?
The deadline for submissions is 18 April.
Keoghs will be responding to this inquiry to highlight the importance of improving young driver safety (you may know that we have been very active on this in recent months - please click here to download our latest Personal Injury Aware which includes details on our campaign to improve young driver safety (see page 20/21).
If you have any questions or would like to get involved in our campaign, please contact our Director of Market Affairs, Samantha Ramen.