This website is designed and built to W3C accessibility standards – and incorporates several features that enable greater accessibility for all users no matter what browser or device you’re using to visit our site:
- Browser compatibility – our website is optimised for use with Internet Explorer 8.0 or Mozilla Firefox 3.6. Users of older browsers can still use our website, but some of the pages may look different – although the information contained within the site is the same.
- Adobe PDF documents – A number of the documents available for download from the site are published in Adobe PDF format. These can be read on all major operating systems with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Adobe PDF documents can be enlarged on screen, and are compatible with assistive technology such as screen readers.
- xHTML and CSS - This site is built entirely in standards compliant xHTML and CSS to separate content from style. This ensures that content can always be read even if the device you're using (e.g. screen readers, text-to-braille devices) doesn't support the style.
- Font sizes – You can use your browser to change a page’s preferred font size. For example in Internet Explorer select View, Text Size and select your preferred text size.
- Accessibility software – There are a number of types of accessibility software that will enable access to our website. These include JAWS, LYNX and Opera.