We keep you up-to-date on emerging market issues and their impact on the insurance sector,
through a variety of publications, events and our leading market initiatives.
Client Alerts 17/10/2019
The High Court recently handed down judgment in the case of Hussain v EUI  EWHC 2647 (QB), an appeal concerning the correct measure of damage in the circumstances where a self-employed taxi driver hires a replacement vehicle on a credit hire basis.
Client Alerts 16/10/2019
In a scathing judgment, the court struck out the claimant’s bill of costs on the basis it was miscertified as completeness to such an extent that it had a material impact upon the ability of the paying party and the court to accept its accuracy.
Could we be experiencing the beginning of a new wave of mass claims?
Client Alerts 11/10/2019
The Government will set out new policies next week, but how many of them will actually become law?
Client Alerts 09/10/2019
The Government remains committed to whiplash reform.
Welcome to the 6th issue of Costs AWARE from Keoghs.
- Keoghs specialist Costs Team is ranked as one of the top 3 Costs Teams in the UK.
- The high threshold of showing injustice when Part 36 penalties bite
- Proportionality - Does the new approach bring back the old test of proportionality?
- Costs of assisting a criminal investigation challenged and generic costs reduced to reflect the number of failed claims
- Proportionality...a broad brush approach?
- Costs in a changing world
- Interim payments during the life of a claim
- When is a Part 36 offer not a Part 36 offer?
- Interim payment on account of costs following acceptance of a Part 36 offer