We keep you up-to-date on emerging market issues and their impact on the insurance sector,
through a variety of publications, events and our leading market initiatives.
The Charity Commission’s annual report, published on 20 July 2020, suggests that abuse unfortunately remains an issue within the charity sector. According to their report, 5730 serious incidents were reported to the Charity Commission in 2019/20 - the majority of which involved abuse and mistreatment. This is a rise of almost 50% on the serious incidents reported in 2018/19.
Client Alerts 31/07/2020
The 2019 General Election Parliament has faced tumultuous challenges in its first months. With the summer recess beginning, we look back at the priorities and achievements of the political year so far.
Client Alerts 30/07/2020
There is currently a gradual return to work across the UK following the Covid-19 “lockdown”. Where possible, people are attempting to avoid crowded public transport and there has been an increase in other methods of travelling to work, including cycling.
Welcome to the latest edition of Credit Hire Aware. Articles include:
Client Alerts 20/07/2020
The Government Actuary’s Department published the 8th Edition of the Ogden Tables on 17 July 2020.
Welcome to the latest edition of Costs Aware. Articles include:
- Shaping the legal landscape in the world of costs!
- Don’t be in such a hurry – A cautionary tale!
- Costs budget and relief from sanctions update.
- Get the Right Order; and the Order Right!
- Defendants who fail to co-operate with ADR at risk of Indemnity Costs!
- Defendant awarded indemnity costs following failure to beat Part 36 offer.
- Conduct in Fixed Costs & Low Value Claims.
- 21 years of failure of proportionality of costs?
- Budget variation is compulsory where there is a significant development in a case.