Keoghs has a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and human trafficking in all forms. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in our supply chain. We are also committed to ensuring there is transparency in our own business and in our relationships with suppliers. We ensure that:
- We adopt best industry practice and are legally complaint in all our recruitment and employment processes, and are confident that modern slavery is not and will not take place within our business;
- We adopt robust procedures for checking that modern slavery is not present anywhere in our supply chain;
- We are open to an approach from any employee, contractor, supplier or any third party who may have a concern about modern slavery; and
- We will treat any report of apparent modern slavery seriously and will take appropriate action.
Within our business, we:
- Advertise all job vacancies appropriately, internally and externally via official advertising routes;
- Undertake appropriate pre-employment checks including obtaining previous employment reference checks (up to 3 years), and where required DBS checks;
- Pay all of our employees the minimum wage or an above rate appropriate to their role;
- Set out our clear approach to modern slavery and human trafficking in a policy statement available to all staff;
- Provide training and communication to all staff on the concept of modern slavery and human trafficking;
- Adopt a framework of other HR policies and procedures that staff may find useful and relevant for managing any issues or incidents; and
- Offer an employee assistance confidential helpline which employees can contact with any work related queries or concerns.
We expect the same high standards and zero tolerance approach to modern slavery from all of our contractors, suppliers and other business partners. As part of our supplier due diligence processes, we:
- Undertake appropriate checks to determine whether supplier policies and procedures are in place to deal with modern slavery and human trafficking in their own business and supply chain;
- Risk assess all suppliers to determine the level of risk the supplier’s business may present to our business;
- Audit suppliers where appropriate, based on their risk rating, to conduct additional checks regarding their business operation; and
- Ensure that compliance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 is a requirement of our standing terms of business.
If anyone would like to contact Keoghs regarding modern slavery and human trafficking within our business or supply chain, please contact email@example.com.