We keep you up-to-date on emerging market issues and their impact on the insurance sector,
through a variety of publications, events and our leading market initiatives.
In the latest edition of Property Aware we discuss connected and autonomous vehicle technology and implications for future policy.
- Connected and autonomous vehicles... a transport revolution?
- A new era for safety reform or back to the status quo?
- A guide to key legislation in landlord and tenant property damage claims
- The use of expert evidence in small claims
- Introducing the Arson Investigation Guide
- Property Insurance Seminar
- Going underground
- Property damage and the entitlement to reinstatement
- Finding the missing piece of the jigsaw
The Supreme Court has recently ruled that an insurer is not entitled to repudiate a claim for fraud on the basis of a "collateral lie" made by a policyholder in the presentation of a claim. Partner, Louise Cruise, gives an overview of the implications for insurers.
Client Alerts 22/12/2015
The Enterprise Bill (“the Bill”) had its third and final reading in the House of Lords last week and (assuming that there are no delays or significant amendments when it returns to the House of Commons early next year) it is anticipated that it will come into force in 2017.
Client Alerts 25/06/2015
Motor Insurers: Section 9 of the Deregulation Act 2015 will come into force on 30 June 2015. Are you ready?
In the first edition of Property AWARE we look at a range of issues including the insured's duty of disclosure, especially in the case of multiple misrepresentations and the after-effects of CIDAR and its implications for insurers.