We keep you up-to-date on emerging market issues and their impact on the insurance sector,
through a variety of publications, events and our leading market initiatives.
Welcome to the fifth issue of Fraud Aware.
- Keoghs Fraud Index reveals opportunistic fraud on the rise
- Multi-award winning LNC strategy sheds light on key issues
- The LSI Comeback: Episode II The Defendant Strikes Back
- Fake That! A Retrospective
- You wait for one finding of fundamental dishonesty...
- Gentry and Hayward - a tale of policy, procedure and pragmatism
- Lifting the cover on storage and recovery claims
- The Judicial Approach: Exaggerated hire claims and genuine RTAs
- Versloot – has the ship sailed for collateral lies?
The Supreme Court has recently ruled that an insurer is not entitled to repudiate a claim for fraud on the basis of a "collateral lie" made by a policyholder in the presentation of a claim. Partner, Louise Cruise, gives an overview of the implications for insurers.
Samantha Ramen discusses Carol Brady's recent CMC review and the implications.
Client Alerts 12/02/2016
In a case run by Stephen Croston, partner in Keoghs' Disease Team, a claimant's claim was found "fundamentally dishonest" on appeal and permission was granted for a costs order to be enforced against the claimant in line with CPR 44.16, overturning the effect of qualified one-way costs shifting (QOCS).
Samantha Ramen, Director of Market & Public Affairs, reflects on the recent announcements affecting personal injury compensation.
In this issue we cover a variety of subjects including late notified claims, low speed impacts and healthcare-enabled fraud whilst we also shine a light on CHOs and AMCs involved in fraudulent credit hire claims.
- Late claims found fundamentally dishonest
- Keoghs' fraud index illustrates new levels of sophistication
- Late Claims
- Healthcare-enabled fraud
- Healthcare Services - In Action
- Bringing CHOs or AMCs into proceedings and out of the shadows
- The LSI Comeback
- Challenges to surveillance evidence
- Fundamental dishonesty: The complete package